ASHLAND, Ky. – Because it is so important to detect breast cancer in its earliest stages, King’s Daughters Medical Center no longer requires a physician order for screening mammography.
A physician order is required for diagnostic exams: those ordered in follow-up to an abnormal screening. Specially trained mammography technologists use digital equipment, which results in less radiation exposure, to perform all tests.
Mobile mammography appointments are available between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. To schedule an appointment, please call (606) 408-2742 or toll free 1-877-304-1935.
KDMC’s Mobile Mammography Unit will visit the following locations in May:
• Grayson, Ky. – King’s Daughters Medical Specialties, 609 N. Carol Malone Blvd.; Monday, May 1, Tuesday, May 2 and Tuesday, May 29.
• Olive Hill, Ky. – King’s Daughters Family Care Center, 391 W. Tom T. Hall Blvd.; Friday, May 4 and Thursday, May 24.
• Jackson, Ohio – King’s Daughters Medical Specialties, 14395 State Route 93; Tuesday, May 8.
• Burlington, Ohio – King’s Daughters Family Care Center, 384 County Road 120 South, South Point; Friday, May 11.
• Ironton, Ohio – King’s Daughters Family Care Center, 912 Park Ave.; Wednesday, May 16.
• South Shore, Ky. – PrimaryPlus, 142 Depot Drive, U.S. 23; Thursday, May 17.
• Flatwoods, Ky. – King’s Daughters Family Care Center, 1107 Bellefonte Road; Friday, May 18.
• Wheelersburg, Ohio – King’s Daughters Family Care Center, 8750 Ohio River Road; Monday, May 21.
• Inez, Ky. – Office of Lon Lafferty, M.D., State Route 40 E. Blacklog; Tuesday, May 22 and Wednesday, May 23.
• Portsmouth, Ohio – King’s Daughters Medical Specialties, 2001 Scioto Trail; Wednesday, May 30 and Thursday, May 31.
Many insurance companies cover the entire cost of mammography; check with your insurance provider.
King’s Daughters provides a limited number of free mammograms to uninsured/underinsured women through grant funding provided by the Susan G. Komen Foundation. For more information, please call 1-888-377-KDMC (5362).
Name Is Required
Email Is Required
Invalid Email Address
Comment Is Required
Notify me of followup comments via e-mail