Outpatient IV Therapy Services
The Outpatient IV Therapy Center at KDMC offers an easy way for patients who require frequent infusion of medications, including those with central lines, to receive their medications. The Center works with a diverse populatoin of patients to provide outpatient care and services.
Patients may be scheduled for just one visit, while others may come for infusion services regularly over weeks or months. Services and treatments provided include, but are not limited to:
- PICC line insertion
- Center line catheter care
- Hydration therapy
- IV antibiotic therapy
- IV immune globulin
- Intramuscular injections
- Monoclonal antibodies
- Subcutaneous injections
- Therapeutic phlebotomy
- Transfusions of blood products
Services are provided by highly skilled, experienced nurse clinicians who specialize in IV treatments. Many of them have advanced certification in oncology and infusion nursing.
In addition to the nursing staff, the Center offers:
- Clinical pharmacist who assists nursing with medication dosing and patient education
- Financial counselor to assist uninsured/underinsured with referrals to assistance programs and other financial arrangements
- Social worker
- Certified tobacco treatment specialist
Services are provided by physician order only. For more information, please call (606) 408-1888.