Heart Failure Clinic
Heart failure is diagnosed when the heart muscle is weakened and does not pump blood normally to all parts of the body. It does not mean the heart has stopped pumping, beating or has completely failed.
Having heart failure doesn’t mean a patient can’t lead a normal, active life. By taking control, and understanding and carefully following a treatment plan, a patient can live successfully with heart failure.
KDMC’s Heart Failure Clinic can help.
Our Services Include:
- Personalized treatment plans and goals
- 24/7 availability by phone for urgent concerns (enrolled patients only)
- On-site laboratory work with immediate results and medication review; adjustments and changes if necessary
- Infusion therapy
- Nutrition counseling
- Patient and family education programs
- Social services to help obtain assistance or medication
- Health history
- Telehealth monitoring
- Heart failure support group
Physician referral is not required to receive services from the Heart Failure Clinic. Most services are covered by insurance, including Medicare and Medicaid.
At King's Daughters, we want to make it convenient and easy for patients with heart failure - and their caregivers - to receive services. So we offer heart failure clinic services in multiple locations, including Ashland, Grayson and Prestonsburg, Ky. and Portsmouth, Ohio.
For more information about King's Daughters services for patients with heart failure, please call (606) 408-0842 or toll free 1-800-791-9539, or email us at email@example.com.