When Experts Collaborate, Patients Benefit
King’s Daughters hybrid operating room allows cardiothoracic surgeons, cardiologists, electrophysiologists, vascular surgeons and interventional radiologists to work together in the same room at the same time to tackle complex cases that require each discipline’s unique expertise. Our hybrid OR includes all of the equipment found in a state-of-the-art catheterization lab plus the features of today’s advanced operating rooms.
The hybrid OR is specifically designed for:
- Minimally invasive cardiac surgical procedures, including valve repair, mini-maze and thoracic aneurysm repair.
- Diagnostic and therapeutic vascular procedures
- Abdominal aneurysm stent grafts
- Combined open and endovascular procedures, repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms
- Combined cardiac catheterization and open heart surgical procedures
Patient benefits include:
- Those who require both minimally invasive and surgical procedures can have them performed simultaneously
- Patients have reduced exposure to X-rays and physicians can use less contrast medication for imaging
- Specialists and subspecialists are right in the same room together during complex or high-risk cases