Our Neurodiagnostic Lab has an experienced, professional staff that performs nearly 6,000 diagnostic tests annually, serving inpatients, outpatients, emergency and surgical patients. Tests include:
- Electroencephalography (EEG) – detects electrical activity in the brain.
- Evoked Potentials (EP) – checks the condition of nerve pathways by measuring the electrical signals carried by the nerves in the brain.
- Electromyography/nerve conduction study (EMG/NCV) – helps diagnose diseases of the nerves and muscles by recording activity within the muscles.
- Electronystagmography (ENG/VNG) – studies the function of the cranial nerves, along with their central connections. Useful in diagnosing vertigo/dizziness.
- Quantitative sensory testing (QST) – a painless, non-invasive test to determine the cause and severity of sensory abnormalities.
Testing is performed at our main campus in Ashland.
In addition, EMG/NCV testing also is available in Paintsville and Pikeville, Ky.