Diabetes Education Center
Education is key to managing diabetes. Our Diabetes Education Center offers group and individual sessions to help patients with diabetes better understand their disease and how to manage it. Topics include:
- Glucose monitoring
- Complications of diabetes
- Meal Planning
- Testing and monitoring blood sugar
- The latest medications, supplies and equipment
- Prevention, detection and treatment of acute and chronic complications
- Goal-setting and problem solving
- Psychosocial adjustment
The center provides treatment for patients with Type 1, Type 2 and gestational diabetes. Our monthly support group provides helpful information and an opportunity to share.
The Center is staffed by certified diabetes nurse educators, certified dietitians and social workers. The center is located in Suite 430, Medical Plaza B, 613 23'rd St., Ashland. Call (606) 408-4662 for more information.