Urology Procedure Center
Any medical procedure or test can cause patients to be nervous. At King’s Daughters Urology Procedure Center, we know urological procedures, in particular, can be very stressful. So our team works hard to help you feel comfortable and to respect your privacy and dignity.
Our team works in concert with your physician to ensure your testing/treatment is as safe, effective, and comfortable as possible.
- Bladder scan
- Catheter placement/replacement
- Cystoscopy, including:
- With bladder biopsy
- With fulguration (a procedure to destroy and remove tissue/tumors)
- With urethral dilation
- With ureteral stent extraction
- With X-ray visualization
- Peripheral Nerve Evaluation / neurostimulator trial for urinary control
- Prostate ultrasound, including:
- Transrectal ultrasonic-guided biopsy
- Transrectal ultrasonic-guided placement of prostate gold seed markers (for external beam radiation)
- Removal of genital condyloma
- Voiding trials
Patient education is an important part of our work. Our physicians and nurses will review your condition with you thoroughly; explain any procedures or tests to be performed; teach you about follow-up care; and answer any questions you might have.