Evaluating Problems with Urination
A urodynamic study provides your doctor with a detailed look at the function of your bladder and urethra. These tests are helpful in determining the cause of problems with storing or eliminating urine from your body.
A urodynamic study can be useful:
- When you have problems with urine leakage
- Your bladder may not empty completely
- You have symptoms such as the frequent need to urinate or a constant, urgent need to urinate
- Your urine stream is intermittent or weak
- You experience persistent urinary tract infections
Testing includes measurement of:
- Urine speed, flow and volume
- Bladder pressure
- Leak point pressure
- Postvoid retention
Testing is performed in private, comfortable surroundings. Results are sent directly to your physician.
Pelvic floor rehabilitation is available for post-partum women as well as men who are experiencing incontinence following prostatectomy.
New patients are welcome; a physician referral is not required. Call (606) 325-6406 for more information.